Monday, March 10, 2008

Fun time had at the 9th Twini Mini Festival


The ninth Twini Mini was a great success with 45 people in attendance. Eleven films were shown varying in length from 2 minutes, 30 seconds to 18 minutes. Attendees were asked to rate the films 1 to 4 stars. The highest rated film was "I Just Want to Eat My Sandwich." The comic film lasted just over 7 minutes and showed how annoying offices can be.

The second highest rated was "The Big Production", lasting 17 minutes, which showed several theatrical versions of a man's attempt at marriage proposal. The third favorite was "Papiroflexia", a 2 minute 30 second animated film showing a man using origami to change his environment.

Thanks to all those who attended, the Friends for their sponsorship, and Bernadette Gillota, from Independent Pictures, for hosting the program.

3 comments:

Julia said...

I just found this post by doing a web search. I wrote & directed (& edited) "I Just Want to Eat My Sandwich". I'm so excited to see that "Sandwich" was well received.

Thanks Twinsburg Library!

P.S. I LOVE Cleveland.

Anonymous said...

I highly recommend "I just want to eat my sandwich". It is the funniest movie I've seen this year (since 1/1/2008). I don't remember laughing so hard since "Big Momma's House 2". The film was carried by the young and talented heartthrob, Mike Sullivan. He has the comedic talents of a young Don Rickles with the hard sculpted body of Christian Bale (American Psycho, not the Machinist). He is definitely an up and coming star who I expect to see on the bigscreen in years to come.

Anonymous said...

I disagree. "Sandwich" was marred by Mike Sullivan. He has the acting range of Nicolas Cage in "Con Air," except without the sweaty mullet. His comedic talents are similar to Rosie O'Donnell's at best. Though he may have a sculpted physique akin to Christian Bale's (Batman Forever), his performance makes me wonder what Corky Thatcher is up to these days.